Volume 14, Number 5—May 2008
Hantavirus Outbreak, Germany, 2007
- Kruger DH, Ulrich R, Lundkvist A. Hantavirus infections and their prevention. Microbes Infect. 2001;3:1129–44.
- Robert Koch Institute. Berlin, Germany. Epidemiologisches Bulletin. 2008;(13) [cited 2008 <ar 28]. Available from http://www.rki.de
- Abu Sin M, Stark K, van Treek U, Dieckmann H, Uphoff H, Hautmann W, Risk factors for hantavirus infection in Germany, 2005. Emerg Infect Dis. 2007;13:1364–6.
- Meisel H, Wolbert A, Razanskiene A, Marg A, Kazaks A, Sasnauskas K, Development of novel immunoglobulin G (IgG), IgA, and IgM enzyme immunoassays based on recombinant Puumala and Dobrava hantavirus nucleocapsid proteins. [PMID 17021245]. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2006;13:1349–57.
- Kramski M, Meisel H, Klempa B, Kruger DH, Pauli G, Nitsche A. Detection and typing of human pathogenic hantaviruses by real-time reverse transcription-PCR and pyrosequencing. Clin Chem. 2007;53:1899–905.
- Schilling S, Emmerich P, Klempa B, Auste B, Schnaith E, Schmitz H, Hantavirus disease outbreak in Germany: limitations of routine serological diagnostics and clustering of virus sequences of human and rodent origin. J Clin Microbiol. 2007;45:3008–14.
- Pilaski J, Feldmann H, Morzunov S, Rollin PE, Ruo SL, Lauer B, Genetic identification of a new Puumala virus strain causing severe hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome in Germany. J Infect Dis. 1994;170:1456–62.
- Bahr U, Zeier M, Muranyi W. Characterization of a new Puumala virus genotype associated with hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome. Virus Genes. 2006;33:229–34.
- Zoller L, Faulde M, Meisel H, Ruh B, Kimmig P, Schelling U, Seroprevalence of hantavirus antibodies in Germany as determined by a novel recombinant enzyme immunoassay. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 1995;14:305–13.
- Essbauer S, Schmidt J, Conraths FJ, Friedrich R, Koch J, Hautmann W, A new Puumala hantavirus subtype in rodents associated with an outbreak of Nephropathia epidemica in South-East Germany in 2004. Epidemiol Infect. 2006;134:1333–44.
1These authors contributed equally to this article.
2Current affiliation: Bernhard-Nocht-Institute for Tropical Medicine, Hamburg, Germany.
Page created: July 08, 2010
Page updated: July 08, 2010
Page reviewed: July 08, 2010
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.