Volume 22, Number 5—May 2016
Congenital Trypanosomiasis in Child Born in France to African Mother
- Kennedy PG. Clinical features, diagnosis, and treatment of human African trypanosomiasis (sleeping sickness). Lancet Neurol. 2013;12:186–94.
- Lindner AK, Priotto G. The unknown risk of vertical transmission in sleeping sickness—a literature review. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2010;4:e783.
- Greenwood BM, Whittle HC. Cerebrospinal-fluid IgM in patients with sleeping-sickness. Lancet. 1973;2:525–7.
- World Health Organization. Control and surveillance of human African trypanosomiasis. World Health Organ Tech Rep Ser. 2013;984:1–237 .
- Herwaldt BL. Laboratory-acquired parasitic infections from accidental exposures. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2001;14:659–88.
- Simarro PP, Diarra A, Ruiz Postigo JA, Franco JR, Jannin JG. The human African trypanosomiasis control and surveillance programme of the World Health Organization 2000–2009: the way forward. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2011;5:e1007.
- Noireau F, Lemesre JL, Nzoukoudi MY, Louembet MT, Gouteux JP, Frezil JL. Serodiagnosis of sleeping sickness in the Republic of the Congo: comparison of indirect immunofluorescent antibody test and card agglutination test. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 1988;82:237–40.
- Lutje V, Seixas J, Kennedy A. Chemotherapy for second-stage human African trypanosomiasis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013;6:CD006201.
- Alirol E, Schrumpf D, Amici Heradi J, Riedel A, de Patoul C, Quere M, Nifurtimox-eflornithine combination therapy for second-stage gambiense human African trypanosomiasis: Médecins Sans Frontières experience in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Clin Infect Dis. 2013;56:195–203.
- Simarro PP, Franco JR, Cecchi G, Paone M, Diarra A, Ruiz Postigo JA, Human African trypanosomiasis in non-endemic countries (2000–2010). J Travel Med. 2012;19:44–53.
Page created: April 14, 2016
Page updated: April 14, 2016
Page reviewed: April 14, 2016
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.