Volume 27, Number 11—November 2021
Multinational Observational Cohort Study of COVID-19–Associated Pulmonary Aspergillosis1
- Koehler P, Cornely OA, Böttiger BW, Dusse F, Eichenauer DA, Fuchs F, et al. COVID-19 associated pulmonary aspergillosis. Mycoses. 2020;63:528–34.
- van Arkel ALE, Rijpstra TA, Belderbos HNA, van Wijngaarden P, Verweij PE, Bentvelsen RG. COVID-19–associated pulmonary aspergillosis. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2020;202:132–5.
- Rutsaert L, Steinfort N, Van Hunsel T, Bomans P, Naesens R, Mertes H, et al. COVID-19-associated invasive pulmonary aspergillosis. Ann Intensive Care. 2020;10:71.
- Wang J, Yang Q, Zhang P, Sheng J, Zhou J, Qu T. Clinical characteristics of invasive pulmonary aspergillosis in patients with COVID-19 in Zhejiang, China: a retrospective case series. Crit Care. 2020;24:299.
- Alanio A, Dellière S, Fodil S, Bretagne S, Mégarbane B. Prevalence of putative invasive pulmonary aspergillosis in critically ill patients with COVID-19. Lancet Respir Med. 2020;8:e48–9.
- Lamoth F, Glampedakis E, Boillat-Blanco N, Oddo M, Pagani JL. Incidence of invasive pulmonary aspergillosis among critically ill COVID-19 patients. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2020;26:1706–8.
- Bartoletti M, Pascale R, Cricca M, Rinaldi M, Maccaro A, Bussini L, et al.; PREDICO study group. Epidemiology of invasive pulmonary aspergillosis among COVID-19 intubated patients: a prospective study. Clin Infect Dis. 2020;
ciaa1065; Epub ahead of print.
- White PL, Dhillon R, Cordey A, Hughes H, Faggian F, Soni S, et al. A national strategy to diagnose COVID-19–associated invasive fungal disease in the intensive care unit. [Epub ahead of print]. Clin Infect Dis. 2020.
- Dellière S, Dudoignon E, Fodil S, Voicu S, Collet M, Oillic PA, et al. Risk factors associated with COVID-19-associated pulmonary aspergillosis in ICU patients: a French multicentric retrospective cohort. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2020;27:790.e1–5.
- Verweij PE, Gangneux JP, Bassetti M, Brüggemann RJM, Cornely OA, Koehler P, et al.; European Confederation of Medical Mycology; International Society for Human and Animal Mycology; European Society for Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases Fungal Infection Study Group; ESCMID Study Group for Infections in Critically Ill Patients. Diagnosing COVID-19-associated pulmonary aspergillosis. Lancet Microbe. 2020;1:e53–5.
- Koehler P, Bassetti M, Chakrabarti A, Chen SCA, Colombo AL, Hoenigl M, et al.; European Confederation of Medical Mycology; International Society for Human Animal Mycology; Asia Fungal Working Group; INFOCUS LATAM/ISHAM Working Group; ISHAM Pan Africa Mycology Working Group; European Society for Clinical Microbiology; Infectious Diseases Fungal Infection Study Group; ESCMID Study Group for Infections in Critically Ill Patients; Interregional Association of Clinical Microbiology and Antimicrobial Chemotherapy; Medical Mycology Society of Nigeria; Medical Mycology Society of China Medicine Education Association; Infectious Diseases Working Party of the German Society for Haematology and Medical Oncology; Association of Medical Microbiology; Infectious Disease Canada. Defining and managing COVID-19-associated pulmonary aspergillosis: the 2020 ECMM/ISHAM consensus criteria for research and clinical guidance. Lancet Infect Dis. 2021;21:e149–62.
- Schauwvlieghe AFAD, Rijnders BJA, Philips N, Verwijs R, Vanderbeke L, Van Tienen C, et al.; Dutch-Belgian Mycosis study group. Invasive aspergillosis in patients admitted to the intensive care unit with severe influenza: a retrospective cohort study. Lancet Respir Med. 2018;6:782–92.
- van de Veerdonk FL, Kolwijck E, Lestrade PP, Hodiamont CJ, Rijnders BJ, van Paassen J, et al.; Dutch Mycoses Study Group. Influenza-associated aspergillosis in critically ill patients. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2017;196:524–7.
- Wauters J, Baar I, Meersseman P, Meersseman W, Dams K, De Paep R, et al. Invasive pulmonary aspergillosis is a frequent complication of critically ill H1N1 patients: a retrospective study. Intensive Care Med. 2012;38:1761–8.
- Donnelly JP, Chen SC, Kauffman CA, Steinbach WJ, Baddley JW, Verweij PE, et al.; Revision and Update of the Consensus Definitions of Invasive Fungal Disease from the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer and the Mycoses Study Group Education and Research Consortium. Revision and Update of the Consensus Definitions of Invasive Fungal Disease From the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer and the Mycoses Study Group Education and Research Consortium. Clin Infect Dis. 2020;71:1367–76.
1The results of this study were presented at the Scientific Spring Meeting of the Dutch Society of Medical Microbiology (NVMM) and the Royal Dutch Society of Microbiology (KNVM), held online March 30–31, 2021; and at the 31st European Congress of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases (ECCMID), held online from July 9–12, 2021.
2These authors were co–principal investigators.